Balancer DeFi Protocol Faces New Attack, Suffers $238K Loss in the Latest Exploitative Incident The decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol known as Balancer has fallen victim to a recent attack, marking another instance of security exploits within the industry. Balancer issued a warning to its users on September 20th, notifying them of a security breach on its front-end platform.
The protocol stated that the matter was currently under investigation, and no further updates were provided via the official Balance X Twitter feed at the time of this writing. Users were strongly cautioned against interacting with the Balancer user interface until further notice due to the ongoing situation. However, blockchain security firm PeckShield reported that approximately $238,000 worth of cryptocurrency assets had been stolen in the attack.
Crypto enthusiast ZachXBT verified this amount by sharing an image along with the attacker’s wallet address. According to Peck Shields latest update, the attacker behind the Balancer front-end breach had exchanged 15.4 ETH for approximately 2,730 AVAX tokens and subsequently transferred them to the Mexc exchange.
Top Recommended Articles
- Read Also: Best Web3 Coins To Invest In
- Read Also: Best Low Cap Crypto To Buy Now
- Read Also: Best Crypto Utility Tokens
- Read Also: Best Crypto To Buy Right Now Reddit
- Read Also: Best Crypto Under $1
- Read Also: Best Penny Crypto Coins To Invest In
- Read Also: Best Shitcoins To Buy Right Now
- Read Also: Best Crypto Presale To Buy Now
- Read Also: Best Low Supply Cryptocurrency
- Read Also: Best DeFi Coins To Buy Now
- Read Also: Best Altcoins To Invest In Right Now
- Read Also: Best Crypto ICO To Invest In
- Read Also: Next Crypto To Explode In 2023
- Read Also: Best Cryptocurrency Coins To Buy
- Read Also: New Cryptocurrencies To Invest In