Bitcoin’s brief ascent past $27,000 didn’t last long, with its price dropping about 2% in a matter of minutes during the early afternoon in the U.S., settling at $26,700. Earlier in the day, BTC had climbed to $27,420, marking its peak since late August. Still, over the last day, its value has increased by 0.8%, a touch below the 1.1% rise of the broader CoinDesk Market Index.
Several other cryptocurrencies outshone Bitcoin today: Solana’s SOL, Litecoin’s LTC, and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) all saw an increase of between 3% to 4%, even after adjusting for initial gains. Chainlink’s token, LINK, jumped by almost 8% today, buoyed by its new collaborations with mainstream financial entities.
The swift price fluctuations took some crypto derivatives traders by surprise, leading to the liquidation of around $100 million in leveraged positions in the past day, as per Coinglass. Short traders, hoping to capitalize on decreasing prices, bore the brunt of a $60 million loss. In contrast, long traders, who were banking on price surges, faced a $40 million setback.
Top Recommended Articles
- Read Also: Best Web3 Coins To Invest In
- Read Also: Best Low Cap Crypto To Buy Now
- Read Also: Best Crypto Utility Tokens
- Read Also: Best Crypto To Buy Right Now Reddit
- Read Also: Best Crypto Under $1
- Read Also: Best Penny Crypto Coins To Invest In
- Read Also: Best Shitcoins To Buy Right Now
- Read Also: Best Crypto Presale To Buy Now
- Read Also: Best Low Supply Cryptocurrency
- Read Also: Best DeFi Coins To Buy Now
- Read Also: Best Altcoins To Invest In Right Now
- Read Also: Best Crypto ICO To Invest In
- Read Also: Next Crypto To Explode In 2023
- Read Also: Best Cryptocurrency Coins To Buy
- Read Also: New Cryptocurrencies To Invest In